A growing list of research and resources by our coalition members and allies.
- Employment after Prison: A Longitudinal Study of Releasees in Three States. By Christy Visher, Sara Debus and Jennifer Yahner. Urban Institute.
- License to Work: A National Study of Burdens from Occupational Licensing. By Dick M. Carpenter II, Ph.D., Lisa Knepper, Angela C. Erickson and John K. Ross. Institute for Justice.
- Second chances: How professional licensing in Nebraska hurts the workforce and our economy. ACLU.
- Accuracy in criminal records. By Dianna Muldrow. Texas Public Policy Foundation.
- The De-licensing of Occupations in the US. By Edward Timmons, Ph.D. Saint Francis Center for the Study of Occupational Regulation.
- Bringing the Effects of Occupational Licensing into Focus: Optician Licensing in the United States. By Edward Timmons, Ph.D., and Anna Mills. Mercatus Center.
- Integrated Reentry and Employment Strategies: Reducing Recidivism and Promoting Job Readiness. By Le’Ann Duran, Martha Plotkin, Phoebe Potter, and Henry Rosen. The Council of State Governments Justice Center.
- Wanted: Accurate FBI Background Checks for Employment. By Madeline Neighly and Maurice Emsellem. The National Employment Law Project.
- Best Practice Standards: The Proper Use of Criminal Records in Hiring. National HIRE Network.